Holding bonds in custody for your clients
FIIG’s Custodial Service supports your clients direct investment in fixed income across a range of investment sizes, starting from $10,000 per investment. This is carried out through safe keeping of their investments, settlements of purchases and sales, collection and processing of coupons and maturities on their behalf, and the provision of ongoing portfolio reporting, valuation and analysis.
With FIIG’s Custodial Service:
- Investors can have full confidence in their fixed income holdings being securely held on their behalf
- They retain beneficial ownership of the bonds held in their FIIG Custodial Account
- A GS007 audit is performed by PricewaterhouseCoopers on an annual basis, ensuring an independent review of FIIG’s Custodial Service. The GS007 audit report is made available to FIIG’s clients upon request
- They have a choice of holding AUD or foreign currency bonds in their FIIG Custodial Account
- FIIG is licenced to provide custodial services and regulated by ASIC
- Investors are kept completely informed. They have secure 24/7 online access to their portfolio information, detailing:
- Investments and holding valuations
- Investment income
- Investment transactions
- Credit ratings (wholesale clients only)
- Contract notes, coupons and maturity advice
- Online bond buy and sell requests
- Investors also have access to portfolio tools and market data, to help them stay right on top of their investments and cash flow forecasting tools to help them plan and manage their expected future income.
- Save time and money. FIIG administers corporate actions on investors behalf, including processing coupons and investment maturities. In addition, their annual statement from us provides information to assist in the completion of their tax return.
In addition, income and funds from maturing investments are paid into their nominated bank account generally within two days of the issuer paying the funds to FIIG.
Why do they need a custodian?
To buy bonds through FIIG your clients are required to have custody arrangements in place. FIIG offers a custodial service. Or, they can make independent custody arrangements.