Gieldan Capital undertakes a several-stage assessment of potential transactions before committing to undertake a mandate. Once mandated, Gieldan Capital, in conjunction with its affiliated partners, will run the debt raising program in collaboration with the issuer and investors. Our process is:
- Preliminary due diligence on the business and suitability for structuring a capital instrument (financial structuring/instrument type/terms/security)
- Discussion and negotiation with potential borrower
- Credit and investment/syndication committee approval
- Preparation of information and due diligence materials
- Marketing & syndication to investors
- Ongoing investment monitoring
Marketing and syndication soundings are often taken early in the process to build buy-in and support for a transaction.